Re: Patch to improve GUI editor on HiDPI displays

From: avlas
Subject: Re: Patch to improve GUI editor on HiDPI displays
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 06:51:07 -0400

El divendres, 27 d’abril de 2018, a les 0:49:33 EDT, John Swensen va escriure:

  > On Apr 25, 2018, at 11:16 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
  >
  > Hi,
  >
  > Is there anyone who regularly builds the development version of Octave
  > for Windows or for macOS with a HiDPI / Retina display that can test the
  > attached patch for me?
  >
  > I have seen some reports that the Octave GUI editor looks pixelated on
  > HiDPI displays. The attached patch is supposed to fix this. I have no
  > such hardware to test on (donations welcome), but the patch doesn't make
  > things any worse for me.
  >
  > Can anyone test and confirm whether the patch improves the appearance of
  > the editor? Worse? No change?
  >
  > Thanks,

  I don’t see a problem either on my MacOS with Homebrew. In fact, I don’t see
any difference with and without the patch.

  John S.

It does make a difference in Linux, solving pixelated text in Octave's editor
(at least) in KDE with hidpi screen scaled to a non-integer number.

[We've already talked about this, but thought that it may be useful for giving
some context to others...]

a.