Re: 4.3.92 test release on alpha.gnu.org

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: 4.3.92 test release on alpha.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 09:20:49 -0700

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 18:08:16 +0200, José Luis García Pallero wrote:
> If I use QT4 all goes right, but not with QT5. I obtain also the message
>
> Build Octave Qt GUI:                  no (missing:Qt5Help)
>
> but I have installed the package libqt5help5, as well as all the other
> QT5 packages.

Please try installing the qttools5-dev package. You can find this with

    apt-file search libQt5Help.so
    apt-file search Qt5Help.pc

> Also configure doesn't find Lapack libraries, but I have
> installed liblapack-dev and liblapacke-dev

Is this a warning or an error? What is the exact message? Do you run
configure with any --with-blas or --with-lapack options?

You should only need to install libblas-dev and liblapack-dev. Octave
doesn't use LAPACKE. If you also have any libatlas or libopenblas
packages installed, there might be some interference from these.

--
mike