Re: Remaining must-fix bugs for 4.4

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Remaining must-fix bugs for 4.4
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 09:19:43 -0700

On 04/27/2018 08:16 AM, John Swensen wrote:

On Apr 17, 2018, at 9:43 AM, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:

jwe,

This bug with Ctrl+C on Windows seems to me the last one to fix for the 4.4
release (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?53635).  But, it may be
too difficult to handle just before the release.

--Rik

It is a bummer we can’t get http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?49053 in. I think it probably needs some more testing on Linux with HiDPI and non-HiDPI for complete validation, but it appears to have fixed the MacOS issue and I think it should fix Linux issues too (though there might be a window frame scaling issue on Linux/Windows that MacOS already takes care of).

Since a lot of people are starting to have HiDPI screens, I think we should try to get this tested and in as soon as possible.

John S.

Yes, but it definitely needs more testing.  Also, the whole Octave project is moving to more frequent  release cycles.  It is already month 5 of 2018, and we should have another release at the end of the year, so this feature actually won't be delayed too long.

--Rik