Re: bug in linkaxes

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: bug in linkaxes
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 11:03:27 -0700

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 13:52:06 -0400, avlas wrote:
> Strangely enough, it works for me too now. I updated the linkprop file
> on my own after running it, and somehow the change was not taken into
> account until I restarted Octave, which seems weird to me. I'd like to
> know if this is something general or related to flatpak :/

Octave relies on the modification time of the directory containing a
function to know whether the files need to be read from the filesystem
again.

When I run a flatpak application, all files and directories under /app
have mtime set to 0 (1970-01-01 00:00:00). All files and directories are
also read-only, so I don't think there's a problem here.

I'm not sure what you did do, whether you successfully copied the file
or whether the write failed, or whether you tried to go behind flatpak's
back and update the real files. But it's best to consider everything
under /app to be read-only and not change it while the app is running.

--
mike