Re: bug in linkaxes

From: avlas
Subject: Re: bug in linkaxes
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 14:16:37 -0400

El divendres, 27 d’abril de 2018, a les 14:03:27 EDT, Mike Miller va escriure:

  On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 13:52:06 -0400, avlas wrote:
  > Strangely enough, it works for me too now. I updated the linkprop file
  > on my own after running it, and somehow the change was not taken into
  > account until I restarted Octave, which seems weird to me. I'd like to
  > know if this is something general or related to flatpak :/

  Octave relies on the modification time of the directory containing a
  function to know whether the files need to be read from the filesystem
  again.

  When I run a flatpak application, all files and directories under /app
  have mtime set to 0 (1970-01-01 00:00:00). All files and directories are
  also read-only, so I don't think there's a problem here.

I see des 31  1969 as their date, which is fairly close to what you see

  I'm not sure what you did do, whether you successfully copied the file
  or whether the write failed, or whether you tried to go behind flatpak's
  back and update the real files. But it's best to consider everything
  under /app to be read-only and not change it while the app is running.

I tried to change the file within Octave but failed as I hadn't write
permission, so I went to the terminal and replaced the file from Octave stable
repo.

In the meantime the flatpak package has been updated to 4.3.92. As it does not
include this fix yet, I'll try to repeat what I did to better understand when
it happens...

a.