Re: Building under windows

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: Building under windows
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 14:53:19 +0100

On 25/08/18 14:26, Ian McCallion wrote:
Does anyone build octave under windows?

If so is there a beginners guide somewhere that I can follow to get me started?

The windows version of octave is cross-compiled from linux, i.e. built on a Linux computer. I think you will find it challenging to do a native build to say the least. The standard way to build the windows version is to use mxe-octave, info here:

https://wiki.octave.org/Windows_Installer

You might be able to do this on Windows 10 if you install the linux subsystem for Linux and and build it in that environment. Never tried this, and have no idea if it works.

Regards,

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.