Re: Hardening BIST tests

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Hardening BIST tests
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 08:44:38 -0800

On 02/08/2019 06:03 PM, address@hidden wrote:
Re: Hardening BIST tests
From:
Mike Miller <address@hidden>
Date:
02/08/2019 06:03 PM
To:
address@hidden
Message:
5

More hardening ideas, some of which I have tested already:

 - run with DISPLAY set to empty, or with --no-window-system
 - run with HOME set to / or to a nonexistent directory
 - run with TMPDIR set to /var/tmp
 - run with "format long" or some other custom format (e.g. bug #55539)

--

I ran three more scenarios

 - save_precision (1) : 1 problem fixed here (https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/87d3baf1c024)
 - format hex : 10 problems fixed here (https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/daa281e03d9a)
 - save_default_options ("-text -z") with a version of Octave without zlib support : 26 failures, but I figure that was okay.  The scenario where this would occur is unlikely.  A developer with the '-z' option is switching back and forth between multiple installed versions some with / some without ZLIB.

Maybe this happens all the time, but I think Windows user's should try __run_test_suite__ when they are on a different drive letter then the location where Octave was installed.

--Rik