Re: locale encoding and core functions

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: locale encoding and core functions
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 18:53:10 +0000

On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 at 15:10, "Markus Mützel" <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]
> I would also prefer to not parse each source file for a magic comment.
> Both of these options also sound like they might impact first run performance.
> [...]

You don't have to parse the whole file for such magic comment, one can
specify where the notation must be.  For example, in html you must
specify the charset on the initial 1024 bytes.  Another example, in
Python it must be done in the first or second line [1].

[1] https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0263/