Re: [octave forge] releasing and template Makefiles

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: [octave forge] releasing and template Makefiles
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 20:19:44 +0100

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 02:37:36PM -0700, Mike Miller wrote:
> I would be happy to volunteer as an Octave Forge release admin if other
> people are willing to help with independent review of the package
> validation steps.

It would be nice if you could help as such a release admin. (And you
already have the necessary access rights.)

I'm willing to help with reviewing and saying 'ok, you can release',
and maybe, if necessary, with some knowledge on the 'formalities'
(although my knowledge may be a bit outdated).

I'll try to do this testing for some packages in the queue this
weekend.

But my current time resources are not much better than at the time I
stepped back from administration, so further such 'testers and
ok-sayers' should be necessary. JohnD said he would help...?

To my experience, in the release procedure, much of the time is spent
in things that can't be automatized, e.g. in helping maintainers to
solve some problems. But with this, the people at the maintainers list
can be of great value.

Olaf