Re: Problems using latest build

From: José Abílio Matos
Subject: Re: Problems using latest build
Date: Sun, 05 May 2019 10:41:52 +0100

On Sunday, 5 May 2019 09.53.13 WEST Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:
> On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 4:08 AM Dmitri A. Sergatskov <address@hidden>
> >
> > I cannot reproduce this problem.
> > Try to remove ~/.config/octave and start octave as
> > octave --gui -f

Calling octave like this does not return any error or warning.

> @José Matos: Does the delay only occurs the first time saving this new
> file?  Or does the delay persists, each time you call "save as" or type
> CTRL+s?
> Does this delay occur, if you UNcheck the preference > General > Use native
> file dialogs?
>
> Then it might be a known bug: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?56116
>
> Best,
> Kai

Thank you Kai. I think that is the problem. I am using kde like the bug
reporter.

On you request I found that the problem only occurs the first time. After that
long delay (~ 2 minutes waiting) any later calls to save shows the file dialog
immediately. :-)

FWIW I found another gotcha. When changing the preferences the way you
suggested, and just that knob, pressing Enter turns the command window fonts
into a gibberish look because in my case the proposed font for the Command
Window is CCIcons (?!). That was surprising. :-)

Best regards,
--
José Matos