Re: Problems using latest build

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Problems using latest build
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 22:13:34 +0200

On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 11:42 AM José Abílio Matos <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sunday, 5 May 2019 09.53.13 WEST Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:

> Does this delay occur, if you UNcheck the preference > General > Use native
> file dialogs?
>
> Then it might be a known bug: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?56116

Thank you Kai. I think that is the problem. I am using kde like the bug
reporter.

On you request I found that the problem only occurs the first time. After that
long delay (~ 2 minutes waiting) any later calls to save shows the file dialog
immediately. :-)

FWIW I found another gotcha. When changing the preferences the way you
suggested, and just that knob, pressing Enter turns the command window fonts
into a gibberish look because in my case the proposed font for the Command
Window is CCIcons (?!). That was surprising. :-)

Best regards,
--
José Matos

This is indeed pretty weird.  Does this also happen, if you freshly restart Octave?  Do you have any specific language settings for you KDE (fonts, ...) ?  Does this now always happen for each fresh Octave session, that you only see "gibberish" fonts?

Best,
Kai