scripts in private directories?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: scripts in private directories?
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 13:32:22 -0800

Hi,

In bug #57236, I found a change in Octave 6 behavior with respect to
scripts (not function files) in private directories. However, I haven't
found any documentation, neither Octave nor Matlab, about scripts in
private directories. Is this a feature worth caring about, or does it
just work by accident?

The change is that a script 'a/private/pscript.m' can't call a function
file in the same directory 'a/private/pfunc.m' in Octave 6, it was able
to in Octave 5.1.0.

--
mike