Re: scripts in private directories?

From: Rik
Subject: Re: scripts in private directories?
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 11:48:35 -0800

On 11/22/2019 09:01 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Subject:
scripts in private directories?
From:
Mike Miller <address@hidden>
Date:
11/21/2019 01:32 PM
To:
address@hidden
Message:
1

Hi,

In bug #57236, I found a change in Octave 6 behavior with respect to
scripts (not function files) in private directories. However, I haven't
found any documentation, neither Octave nor Matlab, about scripts in
private directories. Is this a feature worth caring about, or does it
just work by accident?
Not that we have to follow Matlab, but can someone with access test this?

The change is that a script 'a/private/pscript.m' can't call a function
file in the same directory 'a/private/pfunc.m' in Octave 6, it was able
to in Octave 5.1.0.
Is this a particularly useful feature to have, even if it were confirmed that Matlab supports it?

Scripts, effectively a laundry list of commands, don't seem like an object that would regularly be put in a library of functions.  Instead, they seem like a top-level, user-sort of object that calls functions.

Just my two cents,
Rik

-- mike