Re: Annoyances with octave 6.0 (editor and others)

From: Torsten Lilge
Subject: Re: Annoyances with octave 6.0 (editor and others)
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 19:37:40 +0200

On Wed, 2020-04-29 at 17:27 +0100, José Abílio Matos wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am writing this in order to understand if this is a known bug, and
> if not
> to submit a bug in Savannah.
>
>   The background, I am using octave in Fedora 32, compiled using gcc
> 10 and qt
> 5.13.2 among others.
>
>   My first annoyance is that sometimes is a if the editor looses the
> focus, I
> do not know where the cursor is. I do not know I get in this state.
> The work
> around is simple, changing to the command line and back gets the focus
> again.
>
>   Sometimes the shortcuts do not work, e.g. Ctr+S to save or copy or
> paste....
> Again the solution is to use the mouse, clicking over the document and
> then
> all works again. It is weird... :-)

Hi José,

I would like tor reply to the first annoyance you are experiencing.
There are already bug reports on the focus and shortcut issue (where the
latter is probably related to the focus issue). Interestingly you are
also using qt5.13.x which is the case on many (all?) systems where the
issues came up.

If you are able to robustly reproduce the lost of focus, please add a
comment to the related bug reports

   1. Focus: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?57635
   2. Shortcuts: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?57969

Torsten