JSON decode

From: Abdallah Elshamy
Subject: JSON decode
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 15:49:50 +0200

Hello everyone,

I had run the test suite on the previous implementations of JSON (rapidjson and jsonstuff) to test their implementation of "jsondecode". I have created a new branch "lib-test" [1] that contains the scripts I used. I will start writing "jsondecode" as it is the next step in my schedule. Is there anything to do before starting?

Here are the results and the reason for the failure : (Note: I changed jsondecode to load_json when testing rapidjson.)

jsonstuff: jsondecode:

test 8 failed : decode into cell array instead of an array
test 10 failed : different dimensions of a cell array (1*n instead of n*1)
test 15 failed : decode into cell array instead of an array
test 16 failed : different dimensions of an array (1*n instead of n*1)
test 17 failed : different dimensions of an array (1*n instead of n*1)
test 18 failed : decode into cell array instead of an array
test 20 failed : doesn't use makeValidName on struct fields
test 21 failed : doesn't use makeValidName on struct fields
test 22 failed : gives JSON parsing error
test 23 failed : doesn't use makeValidName on struct fields
test 25 failed : create multiple scalar structs instead of struct array
test 26 failed : create multiple scalar structs instead of struct array
test 29 failed : create multiple scalar structs instead of struct array
test 30 failed : create multiple scalar structs instead of struct array
test 31 failed : create multiple scalar structs instead of struct array

15 tests failed out of 31 test
rapidjson: jsondecode:

test 1 failed : wrong decoding of null values
test 2 failed : wrong decoding of null values
test 3 failed : wrong decoding of null values
test 8 failed : decode into cell array instead of an array
test 9 failed : decode into cell array instead of an array
test 10 failed : Wrong output
test 11 failed : different dimensions of an array (1*n instead of n*1)
test 14 failed : Wrong output
test 15 failed : decode into cell array instead of an array
test 16 failed : Wrong output
test 17 failed : Wrong output
test 18 failed : Wrong output
test 20 failed : wrong decoding of null values & different dimensions of an array (1*n instead of n*1)
test 21 failed : doesn't use makeValidName on struct fields
test 23 failed : doesn't use makeValidName on struct fields
test 24 failed : different dimensions of an array (1*n instead of n*1)
test 25 failed : create multiple scalar structs instead of struct array
test 26 failed : create multiple scalar structs instead of struct array
test 27 failed : different dimensions of an array (1*n instead of n*1)
test 28 failed : different dimensions of an array (1*n instead of n*1)
test 29 failed : wrong decoding of null values
test 30 failed : wrong decoding of null values
test 31 failed : wrong decoding of null values

23 tests failed out of 31 test

Cheers,
Abdallah

[1] https://github.com/Abdallah-Elshamy/octave/tree/lib-test/test/json