JSON Test suite status

From: Abdallah Elshamy
Subject: JSON Test suite status
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 22:19:01 +0200

Greetings,

The testing suite [1] for jsonencode [2] and jsondecode [3] is almost complete (Any suggestions for something to add are surely very welcomed) except for checking if errors is raised correctly This will wait after coding the functions (during writing the BIST) so that the error messages is determined.

Also in MATLAB, they don't support encoding for complex numbers. Is it better to follow this approach or should we support encoding for it? Maybe encoding it to a JSON object with two keys: "real" and "imaginary".

Lastly in decoding json objects to structs MATLAB uses makeValidName [4] in converting the keys of the objects to a valid field in the struct (as it doesn't allow the fields of a struct to start with a space or a number ... etc.) As this is valid in Octave, I don't think that this will be necessary. What do you think?

Best,
Abdallah

[1] https://github.com/Abdallah-Elshamy/octave/tree/test-suite/test/json
[2] https://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/jsonencode.html