Re: JSON Test suite status

From: Andrew Janke
Subject: Re: JSON Test suite status
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 02:04:01 -0400

On 6/23/20 2:02 AM, Andreas Weber wrote:
> Am 23.06.20 um 07:43 schrieb Andrew Janke:
>>>
>>> Just to be clear: You want to create byte-identical JSON output which
>>> possibly means patching/modifying rapidjson?
>>>
>> "Patching/modifying rapidjson" sounds a little extreme here: the compact
>> "minified" form that Matlab's jsonencode produces is probably achievable
>> without such extreme measures. It's just all whitespace elided. (Whether
>> this can be practically achieved without violating the Matlab license is
>> another question.)
>
> Yes, you are right. I should have written: "modifying rapidjsons output
> to byte-match MATLABs JSON output".
>
> Btw, does the other software product has a "pretty" output like rapidjson?
>
> -- Andy

No. To the other product's users' consternation, it does not. So its
output is not suitable for things like human-editable config files and
the like.

I would certainly encourage this product's developers to include
pretty-printing as an extension, since it's a nice thing to have IMHO.

Cheers,
Andrew