Re: Learning the Octave interpreter code to implement Java class dot-ref

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Learning the Octave interpreter code to implement Java class dot-referencing
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 14:00:15 -0400

On 7/8/20 1:28 PM, I wrote:
On 7/8/20 2:27 AM, Andrew Janke wrote:

I'm not 100% certain, but I think the classdef_meta object is derived from octave_function instead of just being a value so that it can't be wiped out by a variable definition.

No, wait, that can't be right. Since it is just the object that is returned when looking up a class constructor, it seems like it could be a value object instead of a function, unless there are reasons for it to behave more like a function.

In any case, things might be clearer if the fcn_info object used a name like classdef_meta_info instead of class_constructors, since I think that map doesn't actually contain the constructor functions themselves.