Re: Learning the Octave interpreter code to implement Java class dot-ref

From: Andrew Janke
Subject: Re: Learning the Octave interpreter code to implement Java class dot-referencing
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2020 15:59:29 -0400

On 7/11/20 10:01 AM, Hossein Sajjadi wrote:

> This idea can be extended further and an Octave classdef object that
> is inherited from base java object can be sent to java. But it
> requires that on-the-fly java classes are generated from octave
> classdef classes.

The thing is, in this case, the Java External Interface for Octave is
already written, and it works fine. The issue is just that you have to
explicitly call the `javaObject(...)` and `javaMethod(...)` functions,
instead of using `myjavapackage.foo.bar.Class.Method(...)`
dot-referencing syntax in your M-code, which I think is solely in the
domain of the interpreter. All the other pieces are already in place.

Cheers,
Andrew