Re: [GSoC 2021] How should I do now with project Table datatype

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: [GSoC 2021] How should I do now with project Table datatype
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 13:13:42 +0900

On 3/8/21 6:51 PM, 陈栋林 wrote:
I have seen that you are the potential mentors in the project Table datatype. How should I do now with this project for applying gsoc? How can I make my first contribution? Thank you

Thank you for your interest in GSoC with Octave. Yes, I am willing to mentor a project on creating a Matlab compatible table datatype [1].

I think tomorrow the mentoring organizations will be announced by Google. If Octave is chosen (of course you are always free to work on this project outside GSoC as well), you can familiarize yourself with the existing codes and improve them (a bit). An "easy" potential starting point to show your Octave coding skills is creating some BIST [2] for "octave-tablicious" [3], for example. That means create a fork of "octave-tablicious" or start a new Octave package [4] copying a subset of that project.

Two more things if you prefer to communicate via email:
1. Please keep the Octave maintainers mailing-list in the CC and add a subject prefix "[GSoC]" or "[GSoC 2021]".
2. Please answer below the previous post ("bottom-posting").

Kai

[1] https://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_-_Getting_Started#Table_datatype
[2] https://wiki.octave.org/Tests
[3] https://github.com/apjanke/octave-tablicious/issues/30