Re: GSoC Contributions

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: GSoC Contributions
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 13:30:10 +0900

On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 11:51 PM Alen Syzdykov <alen.syzdykov@nu.edu.kz> wrote:

> Hello, I am interested in contributing to Octave. I don't have much
> experience in coding, though I know most basic c++ and a bit more extensive
> java. I was studying in a mathematics-specialized school for 4 years and I am
> interested in mathematics as well as tools that may ease the processes of
> say, calculating.
>
> Am I possibly eligible? Where and how should I start?
>
> Thank you
>
> Regards

Welcome and thanks for your interest in Octave.

Of course mathematicians working on Octave are appreciated a lot.
There is no need to hesitate.  A good start is our wiki page:

https://wiki.octave.org/Gsoc

There you can select a project that you feel interested in or propose
your own.  Then we would like to discuss with you on Octave Discourse:

https://octave.discourse.group/

The mailing-list is no longer the active way of communication.

Kai