pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Have you ever used pan to download and display yEnc enco

From: Rhialto
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Have you ever used pan to download and display yEnc encoded messages?
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 19:27:28 +0100

On Sun 14 Mar 2021 at 14:36:50 -0700, Rickbrown wrote:

> From what I read here; none of us successfully used pan to view a yEnc
> > > message.
> > Why would you write such a thing?
> Because up until this moment nobody here has said how to it.

Maybe (apart from me, then), but even then the statement was quite a bit
stronger than may be concluded from the evidence. If yEnc decoding were
really broken, one would expect more mention of it. Pretty much
everything that is binary is encoded with yEnc these days. Maybe most
people were using it without realising (it is so automatic) and that's
why they were not saying anything.

> Thank you for the reference to alt.binaries.pictures.wallpaper. That
> is the first place I found I could download a yEnc image. And I have
> looked around quite a bit.
>
> >   Please stop spreading FUD.
> And WTF is FUD?

FUD stands for Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. Maybe these days one would
use "misinformation" or something. I didn't want false rumours about
yEnc decoding to start... but fortunately that has been put to rest.

> -Rick
-Olaf.
--
___ Q: "What's an anagram of Banach-Tarski?"  -- Olaf "Rhialto" Seibert
\X/ A: "Banach-Tarski Banach-Tarski."         -- rhialto at falu dot nl