Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi Center -- RFC

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi Center -- RFC
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:53:48 +0200

Hi,

address@hidden wrote:
And since you asked, I have a few "constructive comments" :)

The file editing launcher is really great but it defaults to Gedit. I know I could change it to whatever I want in pc_aircraft.ml, but is there a way to make it simply default to the user's gui-defined default editor so that it is more universal?
You can choose the editor you want by setting the EDITOR variable:

EDITOR=emacs sw/supervision/paparazzicenter

A "Preferences" menu is mayve useful ...
Can you add a simple script in the root folder so that users can just type "paparazzi" to check/set environment variables and launch the gcs in one easy step without having to find the supervision folder?
Added. The ./paparazzi script now launches Paparazzi Center
I do this myself with an icon and a batch file but something more universal in the CVS would be nice for people just browsing/learning the software.
It will installed in the menu by the paparazzi-bin package.
Lastly, is it possible to combine the "control panel" and "conf" tabs so that error messages are displayed in the same window when you try to launch an uncompiled aircraft, etc.?
The console is now also visible from the Control Panel tab.

IMPORTANT REMARKS:
- The gui is designed to only handle the configurations of the aircraft. If a "global" file (like conf/messages.xml, or any source file of the ground tools) is modified, a "make" command is still required. - the conf/control_panel.xml must be patched (the "sim" program is new). If you've never edited this file, just remove it and do a "make" (you will get a copy of control_panel.xml.example). If you want to keep your sessions, modify the program element for "sim":
   <program name="sim" command="sw/simulator/launchsitl">
     <arg flag="-b" variable="ivy_bus"/>
   </program>

--Pascal