[Paparazzi-devel] Does the modem interfere with 2G4 radios? (Martin P) a

From: chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Does the modem interfere with 2G4 radios? (Martin P) answer from Chris Efstathiou
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 19:54:22 +0200

Hi.
I have recently equipped my Multiplex profi 4000 with the ACT S3D dual FHSS system
http://www.acteurope.de/html/start_english.html
I only have one flight with it but a lot of ground testing and i am almost certain that there is no problem operating a FHSS system like the s3d or the Futaba FAAST
in close proximity with the Xbee 60 mw 2.4 ghz modem.
The separation of the s3d dual receiver and the Xbee modem is about 60 cm (~2 feet) on my Multiplex EasyGlider and the range is not reduced at all during flight and during
range checks.
After all operating both a Xbee 2.4 ghz modem and a FHSS system is like having two pilots flying two airplanes at the same time, one equipped with say a Spectrum or JR system
and the other with a Futaba FAAST system, a rather usual situation.
Chris