Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Kill Mode Off

From: Martin Mueller
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Kill Mode Off
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:47:28 +0200 (MEST)

Hallo Christian,

the kill mode is meant to turn off the engine to have battery power left for a
landing or keep the aircraft from flying far away. Kill mode does not affect
navigation. If there is still a RC connection the manual mode overrides kill
mode as manual mode always overstrikes the autopilot. There are three ways to
get into kill mode:

- pressing the red 'kill' button in the gcs
- aircraft is not able to come back in HOME mode (flying further than
KILL_MODE_DISTANCE)
- battery level is low (voltage below LOW_BATTERY)

Kill mode can not be turned off but you can set both values in the airframe
file so that it would never be triggered. Could you provide the telemetry log
files for a closer look?

Martin