Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Magic values

From: Tilman Baumann
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Magic values
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:39:10 +0100

On 18/06/12 23:56, Felix Ruess wrote:
Hi Tilman

since we don't really have one standard airframe setup for beginners I would propose to make the Bixler that one (with Lisa/M 2.0 and Aspirin 2.1). I added a really simple no-frills example for a Bixler: https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/blob/v3.9/conf/airframes/examples/bixler_lisa_m_2.xml The gains are not tuned (I don't have a Bixler), so this is just a start... you also need to make sure the servo defines are ok for your airframe.
I'll be happy to update that example if you have a known-to-work config...

It is probably better for you to start with a basic setup before you start adding/using some additional options and picking random stuff together from other airframe files... So in that example the IMU, AHRS and control runs at the default 60Hz. You can do better if you increase that, but that adds more complexity in configuration...

Yesterday we finally had a break in the weather. Or rather, I found a daring confident safety pilot.

I can report, this airframe flies without significant modification. In fact it flies like on rails. I don't even think there is any tuning required whatsoever.

The only issue was a very short flight time. Mostly because cruise speed was very high. And I think my powertrain is not very optimal. I run a very high KV motor, but I could still give it a bit bigger prop I think. (Not original Bixler)

I'm so chuffed.