Re: [Paparazzi-devel] My new paparazzi to be toy

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] My new paparazzi to be toy
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 19:57:28 +0200

Hi
I will post some photos next week the soonest as i am on leave now.
Last year i didn't found time to spend my summer vacations time so i need to
spend it now otherwise i will loose it.
Now for the airborne antenna first i will try a home made yagi for each band (already constructed) and then a pcb log periodic and a diplexer for 1 and 2.4 ghz video and telemetry as i am trying to achieve a video range of at least 150 km using 2-3 w of rf power max because i don't want to have a powerfull video transmitter radiating omnidirectionaly.
Attached is a photo of some pieces of my project :-)
For 7 hours of flying with this particular motor, the SAITO FG57T 4stroke gasoline ~6 litres are needed it depends on weather conditions ( needs 500 - 700ml MAXIMUM @ cruise speed of 80Km/h. One good thing with gasoline airplanes is that the airplane looses weight as it burns fuel so it can land
like a glider without much fuel at the enf of it's mission.
Chris