paragui-dev

[paragui-dev] OS X makefile suggestions

From: Asko Kauppi
Subject: [paragui-dev] OS X makefile suggestions
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 05:00:45 +0300

Hi, all!

I fetched the latest cvs snapshot and compiled for OS X.

Apart from Tom's recent patch (the main args issue) I faced some more fixes-to-do as well (below).

These _may_ be dependent on how SDL is implemented / installed on the system. Basically, one can install either a 'SDL.framework' (the Apple-like way) or use fink (the Unix-like way). I like to use fink.

The _proper_ way for any SDL configuration would, of course, be using 'sdl-config':

        [iMac:paragui-cvs/paragui/test] asko% sdl-config
Usage: sdl-config [--prefix[=DIR]] [--exec-prefix[=DIR]] [--version] [--cflags] [--libs] [--static-libs]

        [iMac:paragui-cvs/paragui/test] asko% sdl-config --version
        1.2.7

        [iMac:paragui-cvs/paragui/test] asko% sdl-config --cflags
        -I/sw/include/SDL -D_THREAD_SAFE

        [iMac:paragui-cvs/paragui/test] asko% sdl-config --libs
        -L/sw/lib -lSDLmain -lSDL -framework Cocoa -framework OpenGL

Seems ParaGUI build does not do this quite.. It leaves the "-framework Cocoa -framework OpenGL" away when building test apps. Is this intentional?

If not, would someone please fix it - thanks. :)

-ak