paragui-dev

[paragui-dev] shutdown deletes objects twice

From: Martin Bickel
Subject: [paragui-dev] shutdown deletes objects twice
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 23:11:38 +0200

Hi,

I've discovered a serious bug in Paragui 1.1 devel branch and I don't
know how to fix it.

The problem is that a PG_DropDown has an instance of a PG_ListBox named
my_DropList , which is not a child of the PG_DropDown. So the
PG_ListBox registers at the PG_Application.

When the PG_Application shuts down, it deletes all widgets. If it now
happens that it deletes the PG_ListBox before it deletes the
PG_DropDown, the PG_ListBox tries to delete the my_DropList a second
time in its destructor.

The same pattern is used in PG_MenuBar, so I expect it to also be
affected.

I don't see any easy and light-weight solution to the problem and hope
that you have one :-)

Martin