paragui-dev

Re: [paragui-dev] shutdown deletes objects twice

From: Martin Bickel
Subject: Re: [paragui-dev] shutdown deletes objects twice
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 16:36:05 +0200

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:52:27 +0200, Alexander Pipelka wrote:

>Please check if the attached patch solves the problem.

No, it doesn't fix the problem.

I've found that there is already a test case for that problem:
test/dropdown.cpp
It even has the comment "This sample app demonstrates a really ugly
bug".
The program crashes on exit. And valgrind clearly shows why.

What do you think of the following solution:

Adding a signal "sigDelete" to PG_Widget which is called by the
destructor of PG_Widget.
The DropDown-Menu could then hook that signal of its DropList  and set
the my_DropList variable to NULL if it is fired.

Martin