Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] ldap large address book

From: Alex Borges (lex)
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] ldap large address book
Date: 10 Jan 2003 18:35:48 -0600

UNfortunatly (for your's and my case) , the addressbook is coded to be
general (same interface serves for searching in ldap as in sql.

Now, this means that the query, although as efficient as it can be, has
the constraint of being very very large and general.

The addressbook actually limits the query to the number of maximum
matches you set in preferences, but it still takes it quite long because
whatever search you ask of it will be done freely in all the fields of
the addressbook throughout all records....

So there, that is a limitation, and i agree with you that its not a nice
one. Now, you probably can get better performance with an ldap backend
for the addressbook (which already works), so why not try that?