Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] sitemgr in HEAD

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] sitemgr in HEAD
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 23:43:34 -0800

How confident are you with this code?

If your very confident I will upgrade phpgroupware.org to it, but I will need to know you will be around to help if a disaster happens.

Seek3r

address@hidden wrote:
Hello,

I just commited to CVS HEAD a new version of sitemgr I have been
working on during the last month. It has been developped and tested
with respect to 0.9.14.
Its main difference with the former version is that page content is
generated entirely by modules. Modules are objects that produce
content from any data that phpgroupware provides, and provide a user
interface that lets contributors define arguments for the modules.
This new architecture has many more features that are described in
some documentation you can find in the doc dir.
For the moment there are above all modules that play the role blocks
had in the former version, and some blocks that demonstrate what can
be done within this framework:
- a picture gallery
- a display of news edited in phpgw's news-admin
- a display of discussions from phpgw's forum
- an application directory where the module handles the data on its
own
- and a simple browser of XML data

I'd appreciate any testing, feedback, comments, suggestions. You can
update an existing site from within setup, but please bare in mind,
that it is experimental, that you should not use it yet on your
production sites, and that you should backup your database before
upgrading.

Michael