Re: can't compile ...

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: can't compile ...
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 17:46:34 +0200

On Tuesday 11 June 2002 17:30, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
> > .. and about compile times ... on my PIII-300 it takes a good
> > 60 minutes to compile ...

How long took it before? For me on a P3 733 it's know down to a little above
10 minutes. I know that somewhere in the middle of my changes a partial
build took 10 minutes.
Might be interesting if you check out a tree from 10 days ago and do some
stats - on a P3 300 the difference should be quite large (depends also on
how much RAM you have). I didn't run any benchmarks before starting my
changes by choice. May be related to the fact that I could check out an
older tree anytime. ;-)

> >  and :) since david is playing around with the code I cant
> > get it to compile at all :))

You should know better then to make such bugreports... ;-)
BTW if you have problems with my changes, write me a mail or preferably write
on the list - I won't help you if I don't know of your problems. :-)

> Seems to be a missing #include <string>, fix it yourself and commit a
> patch. I supose this is happening, since g++ has some other include
> structure than g++-3.1, so its a little hard to predict when exactly
> something like that will happen.

Yes, sadly such things will happen. Could be that string is included in
another STL header for me or that you use another ClanLib Version etc.
I'm still waiting for anyone to tell wheter it works on Win32....