Re: none

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: none
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:52:32 +0200

On Thursday 15 August 2002 13:20, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
> Just make sure that the compiler actually makes on optimizations out
> of that and that you don't optimize for nothing. I just doubt that the
> compiler will handle 'const float&' any different from 'float', no, I
> haven't looked at the compiler output...

Why shouldn't I optimize for nothing? It's my time, noone has to pay for it.
I don't know wheter any given compiler will optimize through this, I just
know that none would if I hadn't made the change.
In the end it's more a matter of taste - I like to optimize code and have fun
doing it. I don't even ask you to do the same unless you want to.