Re: Pingus: warfare

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Pingus: warfare
Date: 05 Sep 2002 23:07:48 +0200

Joel Davis <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm starting on a game based on the Worms/scorched earth genre. I
> think it would be cool for it to share the pingus name, since it has
> a similar look and feel (side scroller with lots of cartoony
> penguins).

It was planed quite from the beginnng to add a 'worms-mode' to Pingus
once the 'lemmings' one is mostly finished. But that got never really
started, and since I currently lost quite a bit of interest in it,
this will probally never get done by myself. So I wouldn't have a
problem to outsource that task.

One historic prototype-sprite for the worms mode was this one:

 * http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/war-pingu.png

> Would people on this project mind if I called it "Pingus: warfare",
> or something similar?

Depends on how close you will/want to get to Pingus. Do you want to
share gfx, sprites and levels or just have a game with little
penguins, but be completly independed from Pingus?

Have you screenshots, webpage, sourcecode for your game? How far is
it? What language did you use (C, C++)? What Library (SDL, ClanLib,
plain-X11, etc)? Does it run on Win32, Beos, etc.?

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927