Re: Basher fix problem

From: Gervase Lam
Subject: Re: Basher fix problem
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 00:58:16 +0100

While sorting out the Basher fix problem, I also came across a situation
where a Basher had finished a tunnel but the Pingu was too tall to get
through the hole at the end of the tunnel.

Looking at bash_radius.png, I found that the hole is only 22 pixels high
whereas a Pingu is 26 pixels high.  The solutions I thought of were:

(1) Decrease the number of pixels ahead that the Basher detects.  However,
this can't be done as if the number were decreased by even one pixel, the
'Basher stopping prematurely' problem would come back again.

(2) Increase the number of pixels high that the Basher detects.  At the
moment it goes up to the height of a Pingu EXCLUDING the "curving up step"
of "bash_radius.png".  However, if the "step" is to be added to the Pingu
height, after a Pingu has finish bashing, there would probably only be a
one pixel step left.

(3) Change "bash_radius.png" so that a Pingu can walk through.

If (3) were sort of combined with (2), "bash_radius.png" would only need
to be changed so that a Pingu is only very slightly too high for the hole.
 I think this is the best way to sort this problem out, unless anybody
disagrees.

Although I've sorted out the "Basher fix problem", I might as well sort
out the "Pingu too high for bashed out hole" problem before sending the
changes.

Hoping to do this tomorrow.  Otherwise it will be early next week.

Thanks,
Gervase.