Re: AW: AW: Binaries for Windows NT

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: AW: AW: Binaries for Windows NT
Date: 26 Sep 2002 23:41:54 +0200

Alberto Curro <address@hidden> writes:

>   1) _thousands_ of errors of 'cannot instantiate abstract class...', as you
> said in another mail. I've readed Ingo's answer, but I think is some type of
> derivation from a wrong OOP design, maybe'?

The actual error is:

  Component operator= (const Component&);

Component is an abstract class, so return by Value is impossible and
illegal, gcc doesn't catch this and since all those operator=() stuff
placed there in a hurry nobody noticed this. For all abstract classes
the operator=() can be removed.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927