Re: AW: Binaries for Windows NT

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: AW: Binaries for Windows NT
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:57:48 +0200

On Thursday 26 September 2002 10:41, Fischer, Björn Christoph wrote:
> But then the trouble REALLY started. During compile there were somewhat
> like 260 errors. Most of them occur because of missing files (e. g.
> G:\cvsHome\Games\Pingus\src\trap_data.cxx). I guess these files have been
> in Pingus some time ago and now the project has got a different structure.
> Or do I need new makefiles? I'm afraid I don't know VC++ that good that I
> know how to fix it. Any idea someone? Is there something like automake for
> win?

I've skimmed through the error messages and most of them are due to the fact
that the source structure has changed quite a bit. For example, there's no
/traps anymore. I don't know how to create Makefiles with VC++ but I guess
that automake will exist for Windows since most GNU tools do. ;-)
On the other hand, VC++ should be able to create own Makefiles or however
they are called. It's no more then getting the includes and lib rights,
compiling every file and linking all together. Maybe someone at your company
can explain you how to use VC++?

The other problem is that you seem to miss libxml or at least it's not in the
right place.