Re: New static linux binary available

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: New static linux binary available
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 20:57:16 +0200

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 20:32, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
> It features a few action fixes and new timing code, play with --speed,
> --min-frame-skip and --max-frame-skip if the game is to slow jerky or
> something like that. It also has demo recording code up and running,
> demos are saved in ~/.pingus/demos/ and can be played with --play-demo
> FILE (use cursor keys and space to navigate in demo mode).

I'm too lazy too look in the source - how is recording started?
BTW by now there are severeal keys - start/stop recording, screenshot and
some more for sure which aren't configureable by the controller. Since
Pingus is extremly configurable in respect to the most needed keys it's a
shame that there are other's which are fixed.
Adding new buttons/events to the input layer is very easy, changing the input
code should be manageable. This get's even more important if we add more
keys, e.g. for switching the small map on/off... since different people will
want a different layout.