Re: [Pingus-CVS] CVS: Games/Pingus/src/worldobjs liquid.cxx,1.2,1.3

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: [Pingus-CVS] CVS: Games/Pingus/src/worldobjs liquid.cxx,1.2,1.3
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 18:38:02 +0200

On Saturday 12 October 2002 14:59, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
> If you want to 'fix' variable shadowing, could you please give one of
> the variables a meaning full name? Simply adding a '_' add the end of
> the variable will only introduce new bugs, since a '_' is easily
> missed, which would have not happend with a shadowed variable.

Well, I guess I was a bit tired at this point. Adding a _ is usefull if it's
a constructor parameter having the same name as the member, but most likely
not in other cases.

> Same here, 'recycling' a variable, which had a completly different
> meaning a few lines before will not do any good, give one of them a
> different name.

What's the problem with recycling a variable? As long as it's not used with
the former data in any case later on I can't see any problems with this.