Re: General Windows Cleanups

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: General Windows Cleanups
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 20:13:00 +0200

On Saturday 12 October 2002 19:57, Neil Hotmail wrote:
> It gives a performance warning on the conversion, if you want I can add a
> directive to ignore the performance warning.

I wonder why it does this. If VC++ believes that the performance of the
variant bool = int != 0 is higher then bool = int why doesn't it simply
transform the code in this way? It's allowed to do this since assignment
from bool to int will never get anything else then 0 or 1.
I'd prefer to add a directive to pingus.hxx since I consider the int != 0
variant ugly. It's even a rule not to compare to 0 (in an if clause) since
this is needlessly more complex. :-)

> | PS: Never forget, VC++ is the buggiest of the popular C++ compilers. :-)
> And has the best debugger anywhere.

I didn't use the VC++ debugger yet - did you use various gdb frontends?