Re: Level unsolvable?

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Level unsolvable?
Date: 02 Apr 2003 09:07:43 +0200

Am Die, 2003-04-01 um 22.40 schrieb Ingo Ruhnke:

> Might be as well something with templates, since the blitter code
> makes use of some templates and its one of the very few places where
> that is the case in Pingus.

That's quite likely. VC++ 6 is know for getting the lookup rules wrong
in many cases concerning templates. Could be a good idea to add some
debug output into the templates to see which ones are called.
Another thing to try is to compile it with GCC 2.95.x - I don't have it
anymore and it's impossible to install it on my current system. :-(
GCC 2.95.x also doesn't get some template lookup rules right (well, in
fact GCC 3.x doesn't get all of them right either).
Fortunately there are known workarounds for most bugs of VC++, we just
need to find out which one's triggered.