Re: Impossible level?

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Re: Impossible level?
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 14:48:24 +0100

| You are using MSVC6 I guess? MSVC6 has problems with templates which are
| used in blitter.cxx and blitterimpl.hxx. If so you can use the patch I've
| committed this morning (Mo 07.04.03 08:52), it should fix the problem. I
| don't know if Ingo commits the patch to cvs, but even if not, we VC6ers
can
| either update to .net or keep these 2 files as our own local versions...
Yep, its VC6.

I'm not sure its a good idea to update to VC7 because it uses a different
version of MS C runtime DLL's, which are bigger, and aren't on every
computer, while the VC5/6 ones are the same and everyone who has installed
anything will have them. Also VC7 has lots of "extra stuff", i.e. __gc to
make a class garbage collected, and its only a matter of time before
something conflicts in some way. Because of this its probably best to keep
VC6 as the default build for pingus on windows.

Thanks

Neil