Re: Pingus 0.6.0 is out + some ideas

From: niteblade
Subject: Re: Pingus 0.6.0 is out + some ideas
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:51:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:

> Pingus 0.6.0 is finally out, most important new stuff in this release:
Tried with german texts and i simply loved it!

Just a few ideas i got while playing (maybe for next release):
- The briefing for the first level: I found it a funny (as in: strange)
  formulation to refer to "Wie immer". I know what is meant by this but
  someone might be confused if he missed any great pingus levels ;)
- What about giving the climbers some kind of plumpers (dt: Saugglocken)
  under their feet as the floaters get a backpack? IMO that would make
  them even cuter ;)
- After the extro there could be a hint that you can return to the main
  menu by pressing <ESC> or some clickable area to return there.
- When nuking the pingi (is that the correct plurale?) could bomb through
  the ground as the lemmings did in lemmings(c). Or maybe pingi falling
  into water could try to wave for help a bit before drowning instead of
  just vanishing.

greetings,
Kai.

PS: A inclusion into ROCK Linux distribution is planned. Just give me an
    ok if you feel pingus is ready for public.