Re: Win Compilation (MSVC6)

From: Björn Fischer
Subject: Re: Win Compilation (MSVC6)
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:10:08 +0200

'bind_textdomain_codeset' : nichtdeklarierter Bezeichner
Is it some GETTEXT isssue or did I just forget something simple?

It's part of gettext, so if you don't have it installed and this is not
in guards, then the error is understandable. :-)
This reminds me - would you like to work on gettext support working in
Win32? If not I'll do it myself, but somehow I can't find the time to do
it. Probably mainly because I don't like working in Windows anyway. ;-)
This problem looks quite confusing to me because I do have the gettext sources and with these pinugs compiled quite well 10 days ago... Anyhow I have made a little change in the gettext sources (libintl.h) and the problem was fixed (resulting in a linker error which I think is no gettext issue anymore).

Sure I'd like to help with gettext support on Win32, but I just don't know what to do... Does it not work yet? Where are changes needed (in Pingus itself or do we have to send patches to the gettext developers)? Can you give me a short briefing what is to do?

Greetings

Björn