Re: Windows build

From: Ian Kelly
Subject: Re: Windows build
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:53:41 -0500

Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
David Philippi <address@hidden> writes:

> Ian Kelly wrote:
>> I'd appreciate any help you can give.
>
> I've got no access to the source right now, but there are some calls
> to set_console or similar in pingus_main.cxx. If you comment those
> out, it'll no longer redirect STDOUT to a seperate window and you may
> catch the error messages if you run it from a dos prompt.

I have commented out the CL_Console stuff quite a while ago, so
normally everything should work fine.

So I uncommented the CL_Console stuff and added a little code to keep the
console open when the game quits, and I can actually see output in the
console window.  It turned out my problem with the game itself was just
that I was running it in the wrong directory (Pingus base dir instead of
the data subdir).

Thanks for your help!
Ian Kelly