Re: Inconsistent fall survival & jumpers bouncing off water/lava bugs

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Inconsistent fall survival & jumpers bouncing off water/lava bugs
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 09:27:24 +0200

Am Fre, 2003-08-29 um 01.47 schrieb Gervase Lam:
> What should I do?  This may be a good thing in one way as I think I can do
> a slight tweak the inconsistent fall survival bug so that the loop doesn't
> call the Pingu's set_velocity() method every time.  This only needs to be
> done once outside the loop.

If you have a bugfix and an explanation/testcase that shows how to
reproduce the bug and how your patch fixes it, then by all means, send
it to the list to get it into CVS. I don't know why your previous patch
didn't get in but if I can see the merit in your new one, I'll happily
commit it.

> At the moment, I can't think of a better bug fix to the Jumpers bouncing
> off water/lava bug.  The bug fix for the latter is not a good fix.

What's the problem with that bugfix?