Re: compiling pingus 0.6.0 & DRT II

From: Amir Michail
Subject: Re: compiling pingus 0.6.0 & DRT II
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 20:46:38 +1000

Hi,

I was able to get it working using clanlib from
pingus CVS.

Roughly speaking, DRT II allows you to record
your game's execution as a high-level video and also
as a low-level function trace.

You can then use VCR-like controls and search to help you correlate
high-level events in the video with low-level events in the code.

This would be useful in for example helping new developers understand
key aspects of your game's code base.

You can find some screenshots of DRTII + pingus here:

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/pingus1.png
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/pingus2.png
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/pingus3.png
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/pingus4.png

To see what DRT II is all about, please see the UNSW CSE COMP3141
assignment on which it is based (particularly part #1):

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~cs3141

and more info here on both DRT I + II:

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/drt.html

Some additional screenshots:

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/gl-117-1.png
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/gl-117-2.png

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/doom1.png
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/doom2.png
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/doom3.png
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/doom4.png

Amir

P.S.  Our next release of DRT will include the DRT II code.