Re: Pingus CPU usage

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Pingus CPU usage
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 00:40:54 +0200

"Neil Mitchell" <address@hidden> writes:

> I may be wrong, but as far as I was aware, regardless of what
> options you use, Pingus has 100% CPU usage. Its just that the more
> CPU available the more frames get drawn. i.e. by turning off stuff,
> like --fast-mode, you get more frames not less CPU usage.

Thats what --min-cpu-usage is for, without it Pingus will burn the CPU
by busy looping around more or less, with it will simply sleep()
instead of busy-looping. It of course depends on the frame-skip stuff,
if the CPU is to slow to make the targeted framerate and there is no
frame-skip, it will always use 100% CPU. Beside that only the levels
make really use of this, lots of the menus will always busy loop, no
matter what.

JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927