Re: Level Comment Tool - testing environment searched

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Level Comment Tool - testing environment searched
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:50:50 +0200

Am So, den 11.04.2004 schrieb Björn Fischer um 19:31:
> I made a little patch. It prevents from moving back to the category list
> when the user presses the [show/hide thumbnails] link.

Thanks for the patch, it's online.

> configuration. I can't run a Apache locally because I need the IIS which
> would collide with Apache). The patch I sent is quite trivial, but for

Why would you need to run Apache? Shouldn't the script work with IIS as
well? I can't imagine that it's unable to execute php scripts.

> bigger changes I'm lacking a place to test the scripts. Maybe it is
> possible to setup a comment-tool test folder with a test ftp-Account on
> the pingus webserver? (didn't want to seem unpolite making such a
> suggestion. If thats not possible or someone has a better Idea that's ok
> too)

Well, pingus is not running on it's own server but on a virtual server
provided by seul.org. I don't know wheter that's even the right place to
ask for a testserver. I know that a few Pingus players have access to
(their own) webserver - perhaps someone can provide a test environment,
e.g. in a chroot environment?